News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Official Redwall Abbey Forum Fanfic Awards (RAFF Awards)

Started by Captain Tammo, June 27, 2015, 09:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Tammo

Welcome to the first ever Forum-Official Bi-Annual FanFiction Awards Contest!

There are a lot of fanfictions on the forum (over 250 of them)! The purpose of distributing these awards is to shine a bit of light on the most notable of fanfictions on the forum and reward the authors for their dedication and the quality of their work.

There are many awards to be given out, but first, we need to introduce you to the judges!

------

Let's meet the judges of the competition:

Mhera
Mhera has been a member of the Fan Art boards for some time. Featuring a varied collection of works, her most notable contribution to the Fan Works is her esteemed Art Thread. As a newer member to the FanFiction boards, you can expect Mhera's outside perspective to bring a unique and diverse judging style to the competition!

Captain Tammo
One of the forum's oldest members, Captain Tammo is the author of the most viewed fan fiction on the boards, The Origins of Simon, as well as two other related writings. An active member of the FanWorks Revival Committee, Tammo is the brain power behind this contest, using his previous experience as a writer, mentor, FanFiction contest competitor, and avid reader to create the framework necessary for the RAFF to happen. His vision for the awards contest is to inspire the forum's authors and cultivate interest in their works amongst readers, adding fuel to the fan fiction fire from every source.

Gonff the Mousethief
As an avid reader and writer, Gonff has read a multitude of the FanFictions on the forum and has authored six FanFictions in total! Gonff has also been praised for his poetic ability, giving him an inside perspective when it comes to judging lyrical and poetic entries. In addition, he is no stranger when it comes to FanFiction judging, as he has been a judge in multiple competitions such as The Great Gonff FanFiction Contest and the Character Fanfic Contest, to name a few.

The Skarzs
The Skarzs is a renowned member of the Fan Works board, serving as an author of multiple FanFictions, artist on his popular Art Thread, and a skilled blacksmith. The Skarzs is also well known for his knowledge of fiction writing and his useful constructive criticism, making him an excellent addition to the judging panel! "While I can be a bit critical sometimes, I try to give a work its due credit. As a writer, I know how it feels to get some recognition, and giving recognition would be my pleasure... if they deserve it."

-----------

Now, what fanfictions will be serving as candidates for the awards? Let's see...

Don't see your fanfiction up there? Don't worry! We are still collecting nominations (self-nominations are allowed and encouraged, even if they are not fully complete) until July 20th! Just post your entry or entries down below! The official awards ceremony will start on August 1st and run through the 7th!

So without further ado, here is a list of the awards...

[Award Number] [Award Title] (Restrictions that apply)

1.   Best Drama (requires a [DRAMA] tag on your fanfiction from the Fanfiction directory.)

2.   Best Action (requires an [ACTION] tag on your fanfiction from the Fanfiction directory.)

3.   Best Adventure (requires an [ADVENTURE] tag on your fanfiction from the Fanfiction directory.)

4.   Summer 2015 Most Promising Fanfiction (Fanfiction must still be in the process of posting from the time of submission to August 1st)

5.   Best Tragedy (requires [SAD] and/or [GRIM] tag on your fanfiction from the Fanfiction directory.)

6.   Best Canon-Related Fanfiction (requires a [SP0ILER] tag on your fanfiction from the Fanfiction directory.)

7.   Best Villain in a Fanfiction

8.   The Cascavit Award (requires a [FLIP] tag on your fanfiction from the Fanfiction directory.)

9.   Best Song or Poem (must be a thread dedicated to song or poem. May not be taken from within a fanfiction)

10.   Best Hero Award

11.   The Minority Tag Award (must have one of the following tags: [MYSTERY], [COMEDY], [MIMESIS], [ROMANTIC], [AU], [SILLYFIC], [FLUFF], [XOVER], [INSERT], [THRILLER].)

12.   The Rising Star Award (best fanfiction with less than 1,000 views at its time of submission)

13.   The Brian Jacques Award (awarded to the author who has had the most significant impact on the Fanfiction page. This can be done in ways of offering support to other authors, publishing many fanfictions, commenting on fanfictions, running contests, etc...)

14.   Summer 2015 Best Fanfiction Award (Fanfiction must be complete)

NOTE: If your Fan Fiction is not listed in the Fan Fiction Directory, please post your entry below along with a list of the tags that your story would have if it was in the directory (i.e. [ACTION], [COMEDY], [FLIP], etc...)

< Individual entries are capable of more than one award. Awards are given based on the word of the judges. Only the winner of each award will be announced. Judges are forbidden from disclosing voting results and/or judging criteria before, during and after the award ceremony has taken place. Judges are permitted to submit works, but may not judge their own works. If you have any questions, concerns or comments, please post below, PM Captain Tammo, or direct your questions to the Fan-Works Committee located here >

You may enter A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G that is Redwall FanFiction into this contest whether it is by you, by someone else, complete, incomplete, in the process of being posted, written just for this contest, lyrical, poetic, ANYTHING! So, what are you waiting for? Come join in the fun and submit an entry :)
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Jukka the Sling

I'd like to submit my fic, Strangers at Redwall.  It hasn't yet been categorized in the Directory, though.  Is that gonna be a problem?

EDIT:  Here's the tags I think would fit: [SILLYFIC] [INSERT] ...and maybe [COMEDY].
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Søren

I'd like to submit my own Nyroc Brushdale fanfic. It's a side-porject/work-in-progress/incomplete fanfic, but I'd still like to throw it in. :)

(Having the following tags: [ACTION] [ADVENTURE] [DRAMA] [AU])

I'm retired from the forum

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on June 28, 2015, 02:03:41 AM
I'd like to submit my fic, Strangers at Redwall.  It hasn't yet been categorized in the Directory, though.  Is that gonna be a problem?

Edits are currently being made to the competition rules to accommodate for circumstances such as these. Could you put an edit in your post detailing what sorts of tags you think your story would have if it was in the Fan Fiction Directory? We will then judge your Fan Fic as having those tags!

This also goes for anyone else who is in a similar situation as Jukka :)

Quote from: Soren the Warrior on June 28, 2015, 03:44:57 AM
I'd like to submit my own Nyroc Brushdale fanfic. It's a side-porject/work-in-progress/incomplete fanfic, but I'd still like to throw it in. :)

Of course! If your fanfiction does not happen to be in the Fan Fiction Directory, could you also edit your post to include the tags that you think your story would have?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

The Skarzs

And that goes to all beasts entering works.

ATTENTION: IF YOUR WORK DOES NOT HAVE A TAG IN THE FAN FICTION DIRECTORY, PLEASE PLACE THE TAG YOU FIND MOST FITTING TO YOUR STORY WITH IT WHEN YOU ENTER IT.
i.e: [Drama] [Comedy]
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

Eulaliaaa!

I'd like to submit my fan fiction They Weren't the Heroes We Wanted. It's incomplete and I'm still working on it, and it's also not in the fan fiction directory, so I gave it the tags I thought it would have.

[Grim] [Drama] [Action]
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Cornflower MM

*Peeps in* Hey, this is really cool! I'd like to nominate SKye's Fire Mountain fanfiction. I'm not entirely sure what tags would be used.

Skyblade

Aww, thank you so much, Corny. That makes me feel better :) I don't think I'm very good, but why not try? It'll be cool. Here are the tags I think should be used: [SAD][GRIM][DRAMA][THRILLER]

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Jukka the Sling

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Captain Tammo

Got 'em, the list has been updated :)

We've currently got 18 entries and are just a few days into our competition! There are still 20 days left to submit, nominate or write your entries into the competition, so what are you waiting for? This is the biggest competition yet!

(Also, don't forget that you can enter more than one fanfiction in the competition! What do you have to lose?)

Jetthebinturong

I'd like to enter SandyB's The Outlander. It's tagged under [SAD] (SPOILER) [FLIP] [ACTION] [AU] and [GRIM].
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Gonff the Mousethief

I'd like to go ahead and nominate my two fanfics The Moss Crew and When the Bells of Danger Toll. I added tags to the first post in each.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Hickory

I'd like to add my work-in-progress Crew of the Lady Fortune, under the tags [COMEDY], [ACTION] and a little bit of [DRAMA].

EDIT: Oh wait, that's a castaways fanfic. Never mind.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Captain Tammo

We are currently putting out a request to all forum artists, oneshotters, recipe-makers, and craftsbeasts! Anyone who would like to make something for the show as a sponsorship, prize for your favorite award(s), want to add to the excitement, or just show your support for the event, please let us know via comment below or by shooting me a PM as soon as possible! The judges and I would really love to extend this event to include the rest of the Fan Works Boards! While you're at it, Don't forget to click that "Notify" button at the top of the screen to stay up to date on all things RAFF Awards!

So... what are you waiting for?! Let's make this the best event on the forum ever!

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on July 03, 2015, 04:17:38 PM
I'd like to add my work-in-progress Crew of the Lady Fortune, under the tags [COMEDY], [ACTION] and a little bit of [DRAMA].

EDIT: Oh wait, that's a castaways fanfic. Never mind.

Hmm... I think we can make an exception ;)